Mga Pahina

Lunes, Nobyembre 26, 2012

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


TOTAL RATING : A+

CHARACTERS : A+
STORY : A+
PACE : A
CONCEPT : A

OVERVIEW :

Pages : 544
Release Date : October 23, 2012
Genre : Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal
Publisher : Simon and Schuster
Review Copy : Purchased (National Bookstore (Philippines)







REVIEW :

Where to begin and How? My mind was blown into thousand little pieces. I just sat back, picked up the book, sat back again, browsed the pages, looking for something non-specific.Wow. I finished the Evolution which is the second book from the Mara Dyer series but I felt as if I'venever even finished it. With most books, we get something like the main plot, we can predict what might happen with the primary characters, but with this book, you'll spend a lot of time skimming back just to make certain assumptions/predictions. It was mind-blowing and head ache inducing, yet I could not get my fill out of it. Michelle Hodkin did an amazing job. I have not read anything like it. The concept isn't new but it's unexpected.The character of Mara Dyer isn't annoying and she's the good kind of damsel-in-distress. I also like the way she narrates the story, (foul words included). :D I also like her brother, Daniel. He is probably the best sib character I have read in a book, so far. But nothing beats Noah Shaw. I love him. I love the way he talks and cares for Mara. It is truly unconditional. 

The ending of book 2 is a TOTAL CLIFFHANGER and I can't imagine a better punishment than this, Michelle. 2013 is so far away.. I can't get anough of Noah, Mara and even evil not-so-dead Jude. This is an awesome book, I recommend it to anyone who loves paranormal/science fiction/romance genres.


1 komento: